Hey trainer, wondering how you can get Free PokeCoins in Pokemon Go? Well then, you’ve come to the right place because we’ll be discussing how to do just that.
PokeCoins are extremely sought after all trainers because they aren’t easy to come by unless you buy them with real money. But fear not, because you can earn PokeCoins for free just by playing the game! As of the time of writing this guide, there’s only one way to earn them in game. Keep reading to find out how.
Capturing and Fortifying Gyms
At the time of writing this guide, this is the one and only legit way of earning PokeCoins in Pokemon Go for free. All it involves is taking control of a gym and fortifying it.
Once you’ve control of a gym and your Pokemon is placed inside it you’ll start earning one PokeCoin every 10 minutes. The amount of coins you can earn caps out at 50 per day and you can only collect your coins once your Pokemon gets knocked out.
To recap, all you have to do is:
- Find a gym in your local area that you can easily capture and fortify.
- Capture said gym and place your Pokemon inside it.
- Hold it for up to ~8 hours which is how long it’ll take for you to reach your PokeCoin daily cap.
- That’s it, now just collect your free coins, rinse and repeat.
You can have Pokemon in up to 20 Gyms at once, but you should just focus on taking one or two when you’re still relatively new. Remember the more Gyms you capture the more you’ll have to defend and manage. Also it should be stated that more gyms doesn’t equal more coins because you’re still capped at 50 per day. Capturing more gyms just means you can hit that cap faster!
What Can You Buy With PokeCoins?
Now that you’ve gotten your hands on some PokeCoins, what can you buy with them exactly? Well let’s find out, here’s a list of things you can spend those fresh coins on:
- Lucky Eggs – 80 Coins. Allow the player’s trainer to earn double XP for all actions for 30 minutes.
- Incubators – Egg: 100 coins | Super: 200 coins. Used to hatch Pokemon eggs.
- Poffins – 100 coins. A special snack that fills your buddy’s hunger and affection meters.
- Poke Balls – 20 for 100 coins.
- Incense – 1 for 40 coins. Lures Pokemon to your location.
- Star Piece – 1 for 100 coins. Increases Stardust gain by 50% for 30 minutes
- Max Potions – 10 for 200 coins. Rare healing item that revives fainted Pokemon and restores their CP to full.
- Max Revives – 6 for 180 coins. Restores a fainted Pokemon to full HP.
- Lures – Between 100 – 200 coins. Used at a PokeStop to spawn more Pokemon near you.
- Item Bag – 200 coins. Increases your item storage by 50 total slots, permanently.
- Pokemon Storage Upgrade – 200 coins. Increases how many Pokemon you can carry by 50, permanently.
- Raid Passes – 100 coins. Used to participate in raid battles.
- Team Medallion – 1,000 coins. Allows you to switch teams but it can only be bought once every 365 days.
With a cap of 50 free PokeCoins per day, you’ll want to make sure that you spend them wisely. Try and ensure that you’re always meeting that cap per day in order to maximize your coin earnings. Now get out there, take over some gyms and start earning your free PokeCoins!